NAYLA KAI SAROUFIM
Nayla Kai Saroufim was born in Beirut, Lebanon in 1982. She graduated from ALBA (Académie Lebanese des Beaux-Arts) with a degree in Illustration and Art Direction. While working in the publicity field at several multinational advertising agencies, Nayla began rekindling her interest in art. This interest was not something new. Ever since she was a child, she knew what she wanted: to be an artist. Creative, a dreamer, and a lover of color and beauty, Nayla’s personality is clearly portrayed in her art. It’s been a decade since Nayla has been engaging in a creative expression of her personality. Her work embodies her attraction to colors and interest in all forms of expression, especially installations.
Nayla’s art is a rich mix of media. She was always captivated by the dialogue between painting, illustration, and graphics. In 2013, after falling in love with metal works, she decided to focus solely on metal in her art. Her style is fluid and diverse, from abstract to realistic, and at times inspired by pop art and other cultures. Her fascination with the artistic tradition, contemporary popular culture and the essence of being a citizen in a changing globalized world are evident in her work. Her technique is unique and personalized: a fusion of mixed media and installations in layers of steel, copper, wood, and other elements. Nayla strives to make her positivity and love of happiness appear in her art, sparking emotion and thoughts in viewers. She hopes that by looking at her art, people will realize that there is beauty and happiness in the simplest things.
Nayla Kai Saroufim’s work has graced the walls of solo exhibitions including a show in London in December 2015 and one in Beirut in October 2013. Her work has been exhibited at the Beirut Art Fair, in Singapore, and at Asia Contemporary Art.
- February 28 to March 01, 2020, Artsfemin, Gstaad , Switzerland
- January 2020, Dessine-moi un Cèdre, Green Cedar Lebanon, Paris.
- November 2019, West Village collective exhibition, Azart Gallery, New York
- November 2019, Jacques Oueiss Gallery, solo exhibition, Beirut, Lebanon
- October 2019, Contemporary Art RUHR, Germany, Galeria Gaudi Madrid
- Beirut Design week – collaboration with GS storey
- Affordable Art Fair Hampstead, London, VC art gallery
- Affordable Art Fair Battersea, London, VC art gallery
- Beyond Fashion exhibition in collaboration with Tony Ward, Beirut, Lebanon
- Singapore art Fair, Sana Gallery, Singapore
- Asia Contemporary Art Fair, Sana Gallery, Singapore
- Collective exhibition – Sana Gallery, Singapore
- Beirut, Love, Hate, Solo Exhibition in Graffik Gallery London, UK – Curator Vanessa clark
- Beirut Art Fair, with Urban Fusion Gallery, Beirut, Lebanon
- Cities of Light, Solo exhibition in Piece Unique Gallery Solidere, Beirut, Lebanon